Are you a writer in need of editing services? We provide editing at all levels, including proofreading, copyediting, and developmental editing (see below for further explanation). We strive to honor and maintain the author’s tone and individual style while providing a clean copy which is ready to be published. To receive more information and a quote on services, please send a 1,000-word sample to email@example.com along with the level of editing you desire and an approximate time frame when you will need your edited manuscript returned.
- Reviewing text
- Checking for correct spelling
- Correcting grammar
- Checking for proper use of punctuation
- Includes all Proofreading elements
- Checking for consistency and redundancy
- Checking for general flow
- Ensuring the proper use of words
- Maintaining consistent tense and tone
- Eliminating confusion and providing clarity
- Ensuring the author maintains interest
- Checking for appropriate application of Scripture and illustrations
- Includes all Proofreading and Basic Copyediting elements
- Checking text and headlines for consistent structure
- Changing passive to active voice, if the author desires
- Making note of ambiguous and/or incorrect statements
- Includes all Proofreading, Basic, and Heavy Copyediting elements
- Eliminating wordiness and inappropriate jargon
- Smoothing transitions and improving readability through restructuring
- Suggesting additions/deletions to the material as appropriate
Developmental Editing for Non-Fiction
- Instrumental in the initial development of the book, early in the writing process
- Includes ALL previous levels of editing
- Establishing organization of the material
- Setting the pace
- Ordering the chapters
- Creating overall content flow
- Arranging text
- A copy of all edits will be provided to the author so the author understands what has been changed and feels complete ownership of their work.
- The author may choose to have the edits inputted for them by the editor or may choose to input the edits themselves based on the edit copy they receive. Those who choose to input their own edits will receive a 10% discount on the overall quoted price.
- Manuscripts will be accepted for editing following a submission of no less than 1,000 words, an agreement on the level of editing desired, and a minimum of a 50% non-refundable deposit. The remaining balance will be due upon completion of all edits.
- Time to be returned will be negotiated on case-by-case basis.
- The quote will include a flat rate based upon the editor and author’s agreement regarding the level of editing required and the editor’s anticipated hours of work.
- Communication is vitally important, therefore the editor will strive to be in regular communication with the author, especially regarding significant changes and questions/concerns.
- All payments are to be made to Now Found Publishing, LLC.