At Now Found Publishing, we provide editing at every level. We strive to honor and maintain the author’s tone and individual style while providing a clean copy which is ready to be published.
To receive more information and a quote on services, please send a 2,000-word sample to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the level of editing you desire and an approximate time frame when you will need your edited manuscript returned.
- Reviewing text
- Checking for correct spelling
- Correcting grammar
- Checking for proper use of punctuation
- Includes all Proofreading elements
- Checking for consistency and redundancy
- Checking for general flow
- Ensuring the proper use of words
- Maintaining consistent tense and tone
- Eliminating confusion and providing clarity
- Ensuring the author maintains interest
- Checking for appropriate application of Scripture and illustrations
- Includes all Proofreading and Basic Copyediting elements
- Checking text and headlines for consistent structure
- Changing passive to active voice, if the author desires
- Making note of ambiguous and/or incorrect statements
- Includes all Proofreading, Basic, and Heavy Copyediting elements
- Eliminating wordiness and inappropriate jargon
- Smoothing transitions and improving readability through restructuring
- Suggesting additions/deletions to the material as appropriate
- A copy of all edits will be provided to the author so the author understands what has been changed and feels complete ownership of their work.
- Manuscripts will be accepted for editing following a submission of no less than 2,000 words, an agreement on the level of editing desired, and a minimum of a 50% non-refundable deposit. The remaining balance will be due upon completion of all edits.
- Time to be returned will be negotiated on case-by-case basis.
- The quote will include a flat rate based upon the editor and author’s agreement regarding the level of editing required and the editor’s anticipated hours of work.
- Communication is vitally important, therefore the editor will strive to be in regular communication with the author, especially regarding significant changes and questions/concerns.
- All payments are to be made to Now Found Publishing, LLC.